What My Clients Would Tell You About Me
Below are some comments from my clients. Their comments might be helpful to you as you are deciding if I would be the right counselor for you.
“Now I have a sense of hope that I haven’t had in a long time.”
“You are really easy to talk to.”
“You are kind and encouraging.”
“I have hope now that things can get better.”
“Your respect for us helps us feel comfortable sharing vulnerable parts of our lives with you.”
“You have given us new skills and tools that we are using to make our lives better.”
“I feel comfortable in your office because it feels more like being in a home, than being in a medical office.”
“I felt really nervous about coming here, but I feel a lot better about getting counseling now.”
“My spouse likes you, so she said that she is willing to get counseling.”
“Now I am on the road to the marriage that I always wanted.
My Counseling Practice Has Some Unique Benefits For My Clients
- My clients get a lot more individual attention than is typical. I keep a small caseload, by limiting myself to 12-14 counseling sessions per week. Most counselors see 25-40 clients a week. Many counselors see 8 or more clients each day. My schedule allows more time for treatment planning and research.
- My clients have a better chance to get an appointment time that suits their schedule. Since I schedule a limited number of sessions, my clients have more open time slots to choose from. This gives clients a better chance to find a convenient appointment time.
- Extended sessions are an available option. Many couples like the option of longer sessions. This is particularly helpful to couples that come from out of town.
- I specialize in only 3 topics and don’t divide my focus among all of the many counseling issues.
I have decided to provide counseling in a different way. Unlike most counselors, I have chosen to focus on two specialties: marriage counseling and anxiety therapy. By focusing on just 3 issues, I am able to provide the highest level of help and support to clients with these particular challenges.
How I will help you
Regardless of what problems we are focusing on:
- As a solution-oriented counselor, I will be laser-focused on helping you reach the goals that you want to achieve.
- We will accomplish this by identifying the particular challenges that you are facing that you believe require immediate attention.
- Then we will work together to find practical solutions.
I am a happily married wife of 29 years to my husband, Keith and the proud mom of two teenaged boys. We all love our slightly cross-eyed lab, Lilly.
For fun, I like to putter around my flower garden, go to the beach, and take walks with my husband and friends.
I received my undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1993.
In 1995, I graduated with a Master’s Degree in Counseling from Virginia Tech University.
Before I began my private practice, I was an elementary school counselor for 4 years.
I have chosen to focus my private practice on three issues: marriage counseling, anxiety therapy, and post-partum depression.